Become a Member
Savour Ottawa is a membership based initiative, aiming to highlight local farmers, and provide official recognition of local businesses’ (restaurants, retailers, microprocessors) commitment to using local food and supporting local farmers.
2017 Membership Form Coming Soon
Savour Ottawa Membership Benefits
- Use of the Savour Ottawa logo and other promotional materials to promote your local business
- Receive promotional marketing materials for your business (ie. farm posters, trading cards, restaurant booklets, retailer signs, etc) & opportunity to purchase additional materials at cost
- Individually profiled on www.savourottawa.ca
- Profiled at events, in media opportunities, and other promotional opportunities as they are developed. Savour Ottawa, and its members, have received significant media coverage over the past years, and it is increasing.
- Opportunity to participate in seasonal media promotions (ie. maple syrup, berries, BBQ, harvest & winter delights)
- Included in Just Food’s Ottawa Buy Local Food Guide based on Google maps
- Promotions of Savour Ottawa farm and food businesses at the provincial level, through partnerships programs with Farmers’ Market Ontario, Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance and Foodland Ontario.
“The Savour Ottawa philosophy to support local food producers through events such as the “Meet and Greet” sessions has given our Co-operative the opportunity to expand our beef business with a number of local restaurants, catering businesses and food retailers, and the “local” verification provided by Savour Ottawa has no doubt given additional credibility to our Co-operative.”
Ken Stewart, Fitzroy Beef Farmers Co-operative
- Opportunities to become more aware of and connect directly between local food buyers / suppliers, including customized matches.
- Invitation and free admission to participate in business opportunities, promotions, events, and meetings organized for Savour Ottawa members.
- Provide direction into aggregation and distribution supports, including the emerging Ottawa Food Hub. Only Savour Ottawa producers will have access to this hub.
- Be verified as meeting Savour Ottawa’s criteria for local food
- For farmers this means verification through Farmers’ Markets Ontario’s (FMO) MyPick™ Verified Local Farmer™ program
- For restaurants, retailers and microprocessors verified as meeting minimum criteria and therefore highlighted as committed to using local food and supporting local farmers
All members must go through a verification process before becoming a full Savour Ottawa member.
Savour Ottawa’s definition of local includes the City of Ottawa, its neighbouring counties, and the Outaouais. This includes:
The Counties of:
– Prescott & Russell
– Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry
– Leeds & Grenville
– The Outaouais (including City of Gatineau)
Printable Membership Applications
Select the membership application that is most appropriate for your business sector.
All membership categories (including criteria, verification & benefits) were developed in consultation with the sector it represents.